Saturday 29 January 2011

GI Joe Character Designer Clement Sauve Passes Away

Comic book artist Clement Sauvé passed away yesterday at 33 after a battle with cancer. I worked with him on one of his first comic books, "Human Defense Corps" for DC. It is also the first comic I edited myself, and we were both pretty nervous about doing a good job. Clement gave 150% on every page, and always wanted to learn more and see how he could improve. We were on the phone a lot. It's funny, I've forgotten the voices of many of the freelancers I used to work with way back when -- but right now I can clearly remember the way he said my name.

"Human Defense Corps" was not a great success but i like and love any comic so it was enough for me.. In a sense the comic mimics what we are watching in Films nowadays with Army Squadrons trying to rid earth of the Terrestrial Visitors so it was more than up to the time!

I think its a damn shame so young, Yogzilla salutes you may you RIP.

File:Humandefcorpsdcu0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment